AUSTRALIAN Special Forces have been accused of killing a young boy and his father during a night raid in Afghanistan last month.
The six-year-old boy and his father were found dead under a bullet-riddled blanket in a house next to where the raid took place in the district of Bulgah, west of Tarin Kowt on September 27, Fairfax Media reports.
Locals say the two Afghans died when Australian soldiers fired through a roof into the civilians’ home next to the property where an insurgent was hiding, the report said.
A Defence Department spokesman said International Security Assistance Force headquarters had been informed of the incident and an investigation has commenced.
Oruzgan police are also reported to have said the dead man had been a member of the Taliban